Welcome to the Howard County Library, Big Spring, Texas!
(including area code)
Search the library catalog:
Web and Research Resources - Work and research from the office or from home, anytime:
- TexShare Databases: books, articles, research databases, and more
- Selected Sites: what's good on the Web
- Community Organizations: local, nonprofit groups and services
- Good Reads: book reviews, top sellers, author interviews, and news headlines
Social Security Online: the official website of the U.S. Social Security Administration
Texas State Securities Board: For information on wise and safe investing access: http://TexasInvestorEd.org or call: (888) 663-0009 to request a free background check on anyone selling securities or rendering investment advice to a Texan.
- Texas State Law Library: The Texas State Law Library has librarians on staff who will help you find legal information. We are open from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. You can contact us by telephone at 1-844-829-2843 or by email or by chatting with a librarian via our website: www.sll.texas.gov. From our website you can research for free a number of databases for legal information not readily available through a Google search.
- http://www.cypressresume.com/index.php?c=howardcountylibrary: Easy online resume builder that lets you create professional-quality resumes in three quick and simple steps.
- http://collections.swco.ttu.edu/: Big Spring Herald archives from 1921 to 1955 and the Big Spring Enterprise from 1908 to 1911 are now available online. The Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library (SWC/SCL) at Texas Tech University in a cooperative project with Howard County Library has made this project possible.
Try these databases filled with magazine articles, encyclopedia entries, and other materials to help you discover more on any subject, from general interest to business, hobbies, and more. Please see your librarian for a username and password.
Download Free Audiobooks, eBooks, and Videos ... You can now download audiobooks, eBooks, and Videos from the Lubbock Public Library website for free! Click here for information on how to do this.
E-books for Texans - Click the highlighted text to learn about Apple, Kindle, Kobo, Nook, and Sony readers; free E-book sites for each one; and how to use overdrive with each one. (Provided as part of a Texas State Library grant.)
The library would also like to let patrons know that it has acquired four new children's literacy computers. Two of the computers are early literacy station computers for children ages two to eight. The other two are after school literacy station computers for children ages six to twelve. These computers are pre-loaded with fifty to sixty fun software programs that cover all areas of the curriculum. These computers are safe for children to use as they do not require internet connection. Bring you children into the library and let them experience learning at their individual pace and in a fun environment. These computers were made possible by a grant from the Ladd and Katherine Hancher Foundation.
Friends of the Library Annual Book Sale
October 21st - 22nd
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Books for all ages - something for everyone
All profits from the sale go to benefit the Howard County Library